Such Is Life Fest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few questions about the fest & area...

2 posters

Go down

Few questions about the fest & area... Empty Few questions about the fest & area...

Post  BostonMatt Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:48 am

For those who have been out there before;

Exactly how far IS the nearest town/shops/services? I read there's nothing within an hour's drive, but some of us might be willing to drive further than that...

Food & booze are for sale yeah? How much // how much $$$ should we bring?

Also - forgive me if this has been written somewhere already - when do first bands start/last bands finish on each of the days? Is Sunday a late start or early finish?

To everyone who has helped organize this, y'all fucken' rule. albino albino albino albino albino albino albino

BostonMatt

Back to top Go down

Few questions about the fest & area... Empty more details

Post  alice g Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:14 am

hi matt,
its around 70kms to orbost from the site....BUT....that 70kms is a none stop winding road and your average speed is around 60kms,soooo over an hr.now orbost is pretty small,i'm not entirely sure but i think shops close at 7pm(INCLUDING PETROL STATIONS....SOOO PLEASE FILL UP BEFORE YOU LEAVE CIVILIZATION.)which would mean if your arriving after 7pm...lakes entrance or bairnsdale.
theres a bar for the whole weekend(by all means bring your own beer aswell).
there are meals,starting from friday night(1 meal),sat/sun(3 meals).
this is not an endless supply of food,the food collective has planned for around 300 serves(its very difficult to gauge how many peeps are coming).gecko kitchen are going to have snacks aswell.it certainly wouldnt hurt to bring snacks for yourself.
as for money....i can't post prices on everthing....most meals will be between $5/$8.brekky cheaper.
we are trying to keep the cost of everything at a minimum for everyone.....cheaper than your average night out at venue.
bands start on friday night at 8pm,saturday 3:30pm,sunday early afternoon.
there will be a flyer that everyone will recieve when they rock up,with all relevant bands info,etc.
hope that answer everything....just treat it like a weekend camping trip an you'll be laughing.
cheers alice.

alice g

Back to top Go down

Few questions about the fest & area... Empty Re: Few questions about the fest & area...

Post  BostonMatt Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 am

awesome info, thanx heaps.

BostonMatt

Back to top Go down

Few questions about the fest & area... Empty Re: Few questions about the fest & area...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum